Greetings Fellow Alumni:
As the 2012-2013 Academic year begins, we wanted to update you on Lehigh University Black and Latino Alumni Network for Community and Equity (BALANCE) and our upcoming plans for the fall semester. Thank you to all of you who have supported our events and efforts in the past, and welcome to those who will be joining us in the future! We look forward to meeting you, hearing your ideas and working with your to expand our network.
In an effort to kick off the academic year and our fundraising efforts, we are encouraging all of you to join us Homecoming day- Saturday, October 20, 2012 for various family friendly activities. Runner’s World Magazine is hosting the Runners World 5k, 10k and half marathon that same weekend in South Side Bethlehem. Come see the changes to the South Side of Bethlehem and the campus and cheer on your fellow alumni as we run the 5k to raise money for BALANCE’s events, programming and scholarship funding. If you cannot attend or run with the team, but wish to support our first major fundraiser, please visit us at:
You don’t need to give big, just give what you can!
After the run, meet us that Goodman Stadium for the Alumni Association’s Homecoming game events. Join us at the Alumni Association’s Tailgate tent and watch Lehigh beat Bucknell…A fun- filled day for the whole family!
Saturday October 20, 2012
- 8am: Run with team LU BALANCE! To register for the run or see the events visit: http://www.runnersworld.com/rwhalf
- 10am: Alumni Association tent and tailgate event. Click here to register.
- 1230pm: Lehigh vs Bucknell Homecoming game
Please check out our Facebook, MyLehigh and LinkedIn pages under “Lehigh University Black and Latino Alumni Network for Community and Equity” to keep up with the latest discussions, communications and events. Let us know what you think!
We look forward to growing BALANCE with your help…If you would like to volunteer or join a committee (and you can give at least 2 hours a month of your time!), please contact one of the Executive Board members to find out how you can contribute to the network.
Dr. Wayne L. Bethea '91 '94G '01G - Chair
Jessica Huertas ’94 - Vice-Chair
Sonya James’08 and Breana Love ‘08
Dr. Henry Odi '98(G)
Vice Provost for Academic Diversity and Adjunct Professor
Phone: 610-758-3813 email@example.com
Welcome to the Lehigh Black and Latino Alumni Network for Community and Equity (BALANCE)
Our mission is to serve the needs and strengthen the relationships of
Black and Latino alumni; to engage and involve alumni in the
university’s initiatives in order to influence and advance the ideals of
an equitable and inclusive Lehigh community.
Goals of BALANCE
- Build a network of Black and Latino alumni to facilitate their affiliation with each other and the university
- Reach out to Black and Latino alumni to engage them in the life of the university
- Provide university leadership with input to influence the policies and practices on diversity
- Involved Black and Latino alumni in the
university's strategies to support retention, and assist with the
recruitment of well qualified or outstanding Black and Latino students
- Establish a program for alumni to serve as mentors and provide career development guidance for students