Welcome to the Lehigh Black and Latino Alumni Network for Community and Equity (BALANCE)
Our mission is to serve the needs and strengthen the relationships of Black and Latino alumni; to engage and involve alumni in the university’s initiatives in order to influence and advance the ideals of an equitable and inclusive Lehigh community.
Goals of BALANCE
- Build a network of Black and Latino alumni to facilitate their affiliation with each other and the university
- Reach out to Black and Latino alumni to engage them in the life of the university
- Provide university leadership with input to influence the policies and practices on diversity
- Involved Black and Latino alumni in the university's strategies to support retention, and assist with the recruitment of well qualified or outstanding Black and Latino students
- Establish a program for alumni to serve as mentors and provide career development guidance for students